Ahead of the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars fans can go to select stores and scan specially marked store displays with the Star Wars smartphone app to find and collect Star Wars characters.
The event, called Force Friday II, is only happening from Sept. 1 to Sept. 3, so people who are interested in collecting every possible character, including Admiral Ackbar, need to hit up a bunch of different stores and websites.
The game, if you’d like to call it that, reads like a hobbled-together ploy to get people to go into stores to buy new Star Wars toys and figures, which are arriving in stores that same weekend. Collecting characters in the app doesn’t unlock much beyond promotional clips.
But if you’re into taking a picture of your friend standing next to AR Admiral Ackbar in front of a store display, congratulations.
Rescued baby tiger is the cuteness the internet needs right now
Man scooping up handfuls of mosquitoes is the stuff of nightmares
The ‘Black Mirror’ teaser is enough to put you on edge
This ‘High School Musical 4’ trailer is very well done but also very fake
- Heart-wrenching ‘Overwatch’ short reveals Mei’s backstory
- Space combat in ‘Star Wars: Battlefront II’ looks exhilarating
- We obviously need these Nintendo-themed ‘Rocket League’ cars in ‘Mario Kart’
- BioWare’s ‘Mass Effect’ follow-up is the mysterious ‘Anthem’
- Justice for Lobot! ‘Battlefront II’ hero roster leaves out the best ‘Star Wars’ android
- ‘Star Wars: Jedi Challenges’ lets you train your light saber skills in augmented reality